Friday, October 31, 2008

Chapter 28

His eyes opened slowly, his body stretching to remove the kinks he felt in his back. Groaning softly his head turned as he wondered exactly where he was and what weird sex he'd gotten up to the night before. As his head turned his eyes widened, Mic, it was Mic next to him, and he was fully clothed.

It was then the happenings of the night before flooded his brain, a nearly frantic Richie, a crazily happy Mic, and a glow that he saw through his fucking eyelids. They had glowed like a freaking lamp. Shaking his head as he processed the info he wondered why she of all people could cause that.

Sitting up he reached over, a calloused finger tracing her cheek lightly, the now familiar flash and sizzle rising to make his hair stand on end. He almost moaned at how exquisite it felt like. Touching her was unlike any other person he had tried to touch in months.

"Mic baby, wake up."

Mic stretched and yawned as the much eluded sleep finally left her body. Opening her eyes she felt a huge warm sensation across her cheek and wondered where she was for a minute, as her dreams had been filled with light brighter than the sun. She looked up and her eyes connected with another set of bright blue sedated eyes. She felt so complete again and balanced, not like she'd just drunk twenty cups of coffee. "Mmmm, what is it?" she asked sleepily.

"It's time to wake up baby. Sleeping on a couch is definitely not in my ideas of comfort." He chuckled before glancing at the bedroom door. "And admittedly I'd like to know who survived the night."

She sat up and stretched looking towards the door "Shit, what if he was too late?" she started to worry as the state Gia had been in when Richie had arrived was bad.

Jon's gaze flicked back to the door before focusing on Mic again. "If something happened to Gia, what would happen to Richie?"

Mic looked down "He'd eventually die, ...starved of what he couldn't find without her" she said sadly hoping that this wasn’t the case.

"Jesus," his breath whistled from him, "Would that happen to me too?"

Mic looked at him, wanting to be able to tell him no it wouldn’t, and he'd be ok, but he deserved to know the truth.
She nodded "I'm sorry, you'd just eventually tire and the energy that your life mate provided you is a unique one that cant be sourced anywhere else. You'd tire and try and feed and feed, till you couldn’t even pull energy from people anymore... and your life mate would, explode without you, well in a sense that too much positive energy would overload her," she gulped suddenly realizing the reality.

"Christ!" He stood and moved to the bedroom door, his hand shaking as he reached for the knob. "god do not let me find a dead anything in there. He closed his eyes a moment and took a deep breath. It was too much, Richie could die without Gia, that was bad enough but he could die without a life mate, and he hadn't found her yet. Thank God Mic had been able to help him, Thank god she'd been able to.. SHE'D been able too. He turned a moment and looked her way as memories of a glow brighter than the sun wrapped around them. Could she be? Shaking his head he turned back to the door.

He chanted softly to himself, "Please don’t let her be dead, don’t let him be dead, please oh please don’t let them be dead.."

Mic watched him, she needed to tell him but how, it was like telling someone they had an arranged marriage planned for them almost. "Jon, just open it, I need to know" she said closing her eyes

Jon slowly cracked the door open while holding his breath. With eyes closed he whispered back to Mic. "Are they dead?"

Richie's mind filled with a raspy whisper from the door as he turned his gaze to the door, hearing a Are they Dead? "No we're fuckin not, and we'd like some privacy if that’s too much to ask," he chuckled as he saw Jon standing there with his eyes firmly shut.

One blue eye cracked open and got a sight more than he bargained for. "Fuck you too King. See if I care if you're dead next time." The door was slammed as Jon huffed his way back to the couch. "They definitely ain't dead."

Mic giggled as he came back to the couch "They're doing it aren’t they?"

"Well he wasn't dancing the fandango that’s for fucking sure. "

"Awww, well that's sweet ain’t it?" she teased watching him push his long sandy hair back from his face. "Jon, I think there's something I need to tell you honey" she said nervously.

He flopped back onto the couch and groaned, "As long as it don't involve King Ass, or long legs wrapped around.. I can handle it."

Mic sighed "Well maybe you are gonna wish that it was after this" she said nervously eyeing him.

He turned his head to watch her, a gentle finger reaching up to trace her jaw line. "Well why dontcha try me baby."

"Well what we were talking about with Gia and Richie, is you and me essentially" she swallowed "I'm your life mate, I'm so sorry if I had known I wouldn’t have slept with you that night" she shook her head.

He sat back and processed what she told him. Well ok that made sense didn't it? She was different from all the other women he'd been with. She calmed him like nothing else. She was pretty, she was bright, and HEY she'd keep him alive. Most men didn’t get a fraction of that. "Okkk and this is supposed to be bad right? Cuz to look at you baby you'd think you got saddled with a true beast."

Mic laughed "Well, now that you mention it, all that hair and all.." she teased before continuing "That's not how I feel at all, I think despite how we hit it off, you're sweet and kind, a little rough around the edges, but you don't need this with all you have in life to look forward to"

She watched him take it all in, truth be known he wasn’t all that bad at all, his rugged good looks and his cocky attitude kinda was sexy.

Jon shook his head, "Yeah I gotta admit, I didn’t exactly plan my life around being a energy loving vampire, but Richie didn’t either. Life throws ya a ball you either play with it or your outta the game. I kinda like being in the game baby."

Mic smiled "Well, I do too, I fancy on living, but I dunno, just then when we were sleeping was kinda odd wasn’t it? Every time you touch me, I just about..." she blushed, muffled echoes from the next room floated into the room at the same time.

His glance flickered to the door, "Ya know if he couldn’t kill me I’d pound on the wall."

Mic laughed "Yeah not such a good idea" her thoughts started to run away with her.

He turned back to her and grinned, his smile silky and devious. Reaching out he trailed an index finger along her arm. "So this is something ya like then."

She shivered as his electricity shot through her heart. "I am thinking I should of never told you that" she stood up and moved nonchalantly to closer to her bedroom pretending to admire the magazine on the table.

He stood and walked over to her, his grin widening as he reached out with both hands and slid them along her arms. "Don't think you're gonna escape that easy."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Thank you for all the new chapters!!!!! Great story!!!!!!
P

MBWL said...

14 brilliant new chapters!!!! & all for Halloween, I had almost given up on checking this story.
Please don't leave it so long before you post the next chapters. I can't wait. Please!!!

kiwichick said...

Awesome new chapters!! Just caught up to date - loving where the story is going.
Can't wait for more, keep'em coming.
J