Monday, January 12, 2009

Chapter 35

Gia snorted and shook her head, "guess that depends on whose doing the catching." She turned her head to look and Mic and Jon. "So what you all up for doing today?"

Mic shrugged looking at Jon "I hadn’t really thought about it, what are you doing?" she asked Jon as she had no idea even how long there were here.

Jon glanced at Richie, "Well King? What are we doing for two weeks?"

"Well I know what I am doing and that’s staying right here, dunno about you, you can please yourself" he grinned.

Gia's nose wrinkled slightly, "King?"

Richie shaded a little "Yeah its my nickname, as on tour, well I had to... feed alot so the guys thought I was... you know" he explained.

Gia shook her head, "Right, and you so didn’t have sex with ANY of them."

"Not many" he lied as he looked at Jon for back up.

Jon's brow arched slightly as he watched the girl in Richie's arms go stiff. "ahhh yeah, he only fed."

Gia glanced at Jon then looked back up at Richie and slowly slid out of his grasp. "So only I have to tell the truth. Ya know gorgeous, bonds work both ways??" She turned and walked quickly to the bedroom and slammed the door. "AND YOUR SLEEPING ON THE COUCH," was yelled clearly through the now shut door.

Richie just watched wide eyed "Whaaa I do?" he asked.

Mic shook her head, "Um Richie she can tell when you lie too you know, it works both ways you know" she explained with a grin.

Richie gulped "Shit" he muttered.

Jon leaned his head back and roared. "Ass caught by the revolving door. Man when will you learn?"

"Don’t you laugh, you're not exactly that innocent either" she teased.

His head turned as blue eyes twinkled, "I never claimed to be baby."

"Well shit, she had to have known, she was the one that accused me of it for fucks sake" Richie sighed.

Jon shook his head, "Thinking it, and wanting to hear the truth are two different things my man. She wanted to see if you'd lie. YOU were the one screaming about honesty here."

She paced in the bedroom, her thoughts racing. He was her te'sorthene* there was no doubt about that. It was being proven over and over. He could smell when she lied, could feel her pain. Why didn't he understand it went both ways? He screamed for honesty, then turned around and lied.

It was bad enough to have to live with the fact he'd be living off other humans, and it sucked to know he would be in bed with more than one woman every night of his life bar the nights he was with her, but he didn't have to lie about it.

"Fuck you Kidd, I did it to protect her, shit, I don’t wanna brag around her," Richie said eyeing the bedroom door sensing her unrest behind it.

Jon rolled his eyes, "Since when is being honest bragging jackass?"

Mic looked at him and smiled "Ah yes Richie but what you gotta know is that Gia has a small thing about lying, she's never stood for it, and now that it looks like we've been lied to all this time about the Upier, and Richie, she knew of your activities, she had visions you know, she accepts it, she doesn’t care.. you just cant lie to her" Mic explained the complexity of the whole damn situation was near enough mind boggling, she had so much more work to do so many things needed to be figured out and resolved and her head hurt thinking about it. She leaned into Jon and sighed.

Jon’s eyes closed as he felt the niggle of a headache threatening. He tilted his head as he considered the possibilities. Could he draw that from her? Reaching up he feathered a finger over her temple, his mind centering on the pain he felt. Brushing over her skin gently he willed her pain away slowly, and sent warmth and relief through the brief feather light touches.

Mic closed her eyes and opened them in relief feeling the headache subside as his finger left her skin. Opening her eyes meeting his, she smiled and leaned in for a light kiss. "Thank ya honey, that’s a neat trick"

He leaned in and brushed his lips over her ear. "Just call me Dr. Jonny."

"I'll remember that" she chuckled turning her gaze back to Richie.

He shook his head "I fucked up didn’t I?" he asked the room.

Jon flicked a glance back to the bedroom door. "Lets see Bro, She’s in there, you're in here, the door is shut between ya. I'd have to give you a qualified YES! on that question." He shook his head. "I guess you wanna see how comfy this couch is tonight."

Gia stared at the door a few minutes longer. Well fuck him he wasn't gonna come in and explain, and she wasn't gonna hide in here much longer. Moving to the closet she opened the door and rambled through her clothes searching for that perfect top to make her point. Finding it towards the back she pulled it off the hanger and swiftly pulled it over her head. "Take that Fang Boy."

Turning to the door she opened it and stepped out and moved to the living room. Moving to her favorite chair by the window she sat and turned her gaze on Mic. "So Mic, Which place did you need to go for research today?"

Richie took the hint she was going to ignore him as he silently watched her in her ridiculous turtleneck sweater.

Mic looked up at her friend tucking herself under Jon's arm. "I was going to go to the old bookstore downtown you know the lil one hidden out the back by that Chinese place, it has some really old texts, maybe... I could always meet up with you wherever ya'll go"

Gia smiled. "Ahhh, tell Gisele I said hiya." She glanced at Jon and grinned, "You going with?"

Jon nodded, "Not letting her get outta my sight babe. Who knows we might end up somewhere else before the day is over."

Gia laughed and shook her head, "Oh I bet. Well I guess I'll go see what’s going on at work."

Richie shook his head and kept his small smile to his lips. He knew she didn’t have to work, he'd heard it all through the wall. "Have a nice day at work won’t ya darlin" he winked at her with a sly grin.

Mic nodded "I will say hi to Gisele for ya, maybe the four of us should meet up somewhere later?" she suggested hoping that some fun might be on he cards for them all, as they needed it.

Gia stood and nodded. "Right then. I'll see ya when I see ya Mic. You and Jon well you have fun today." She turned towards the kitchen. "Just gonna get my keys and I'll be outta your hair. "Richie, house is yours, have fun. Just if you wanna find a girl please God get a motel room." She sauntered casually from the living room to the sound of Jon's laughter.



*te'sorthene —In Romany it means bonded generally by heart or spirit. We are taking this to the vampire bonding level for this story.. the te’sorthene being the bonded life mate)

0 comments: