Mic awoke the next morning, again feeling like the disheveled woman she was becoming around Jon, sighing watching him sleep she leaned over and kissed his chest gently before slipping out of bed wrapping on her robe and walking into the living room, the house was an eerie silence as everyone was still sleeping, she made the coffee and poured herself one, sitting down overlooking the books and things she'd found yesterday. Why was this all such a mystery she wondered as she sat there lost in thought.
Her thoughts turned on why she felt so forlorn every time she thought of Jon being away again and returning to his rock star lifestyle which she had to assume was just like Richie’s. She sighed, closing her eyes. Maybe it was just the bond, she didn’t fall in love, and he was so young and carefree, she doubted he did. She carried on reading.
Gia’s eyes opened and she smiled. She was firmly connected to a long tall body by arms of steel. Wincing as the bathroom called her name she wiggled slowly and gently from under his arms and slid from the bed. Picking up a tee-shirt she slipped it on and padded to the bathroom. Coming out she smelled the fresh scent of coffee and decided to snag herself a cup.
With a backward glance at the man sleeping soundly in her bed she opened the door and headed to the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen she saw Mic bent over yet another dusty old scroll. "Morning Mic. "
Mic looked and smiled "Hey you" she swung around and put her feet up on the chair.
She sat, sipping her coffee. "So find anything interesting Mic?"
"Well kinda, seems that a long time ago our people and the Upiers were in fact on the same side, and the Upiers used to use us to feed off and it was like a mutual friendly arrangement and they used to protect us... but " Mic picked up another piece of old parchment "It seems one Romany girl did fall for a Upier and her Romany mate were captured with the Upier, and she had to save one and she saved the Upier, and the Romany man died, not to mention he was the son of a chief... so they banished the Upier forever... shit..." Mic exclaimed.
"And they've lied about the Upier ever since and turned them into monsters." Gia shook her head. "Why though? It’s obvious they aren’t."
"It appears so, I dunno why, I guess whatever they decided was just accepted through the generations and no one ever bothered to question it, till now..." Mic closed her eyes.
"God what are we going to do, I mean how are you and Richie you know? getting on" she asked her mind flittering back and forth to the possibilities of the situations.
Gia leaned back and took another sip of coffee. "Well I know I can't manage to stay mad at him. I should have been braining him with a pan after yesterday, but then last night happened, and well," She looked up at Mic confused, "Its gotta be the blood bond, all that he keeps saying. The intense connection he feels. He can't love me, shit he’s only 25 years old Mic. He’s a flipping rock star, women at his beck and call, traveling the world. What the hell is so special about me? Other than my damned blood. Hell I could have it bagged and sent to him on ice over night. He'd never need to see me."
Mic laughed "Yeah but even Richie would know that he didn’t have to hang around, you've given him so many outs to just have your blood and carry on and he's never taken them so that oughta tell you something, but I understand ya babe, they are just young guys.. and well.. I don't know if its possible to love so early.. but.." she trailed off deep in thought.
"I don’t know what to do Mic. Predisposed to be with ONE particular man, a man that until recently my own people claimed was evil. So many damned lies through our history. It's too easy to say "I love you," and it be a truth. God I bet he told every girl, every night "Love ya darlin." Its what he uses to get what he needs. What makes MY blood so fucking special?? what makes your energy so special?? I don't get it."
Gia twisted her cup round and round on the table, her eyes centered on the door the sleeping vamp lay behind. "It makes no sense."
"I know what you mean, what to believe now, apart from what is here, but is that even enough... I can't face knowing that he'll go off and be with other girls, Richie kinda has to but Jon? I can't stop him, he can feed that way too but technically he doesn’t have to, I feel sick thinking about it" she said looking into her coffee.
"You think it makes it easier knowing he chooses to have sex to feed? With his power of persuasion, if he'd exercise and practice he wouldn't need to. He's being a typical guy and getting his rocks off. There's bound to be other ways Mic. You think its easy just cuz i know he needs to feed?? It's not. I shouldn’t feel jealous, I shouldn’t care if he fucks 1 or 100, but dammit.." She sighed softly and looked into her cup wishing the answers were there in the dark coffee depths. "Makes it no less easy, I HAVE to be understanding." She looked up curiously, "Do you know when he’s, ya know, doing it with someone?"
She shook her head "No, I don't. The day they came here I could tell he'd been with someone, just the energy he had inside him, but when apart I have no idea, and he's Jon.. he's the fuckin lead singer, he's going to get offers all night long... never a shortage I am sure, and now with his energy he can do so much more with his powers with the girls I just bet" she shrugged. This was like an arranged marriage but worse, an arranged marriage where one party felt more than the other.
Gia blushed, "It's worse Mic, I can feel it, every time he ... I see and feel it in my dreams for god sakes, I can be walking down the sidewalk and feel the fucking orgasm. I can damn near heard it. Add my abilities to see and sense things in people? Its only heightened. I can close my eyes and watch it if I wanna, girl after girl, night after night, I can hear his grunts, his moans as the blood flows. Shit I can damn near TASTE it. Its..." she blinked back the tears, as she realized she'd admitted to more about the terror and torment she'd been through the last two months than she’d intended too. "Every single night, sometimes more than once. and I have a front row seat."
Next door in the bedroom Richie was lying, half asleep but his hearing was awake as he became aware before too late to pull away what the conversation the girls were having. His eyebrow winged to his forehead as he listened to Gia's explanation of how she felt and what she could see. It stunned Richie, as he had no idea that this had effected her so much, he was aware of the physical separation but not that she could actually see and hear what he was doing. He felt sick. How could he go on now knowing this, and every time he did this she would know and see it.
"Yet I know he needs it, and I could never ask him to NOT do anything Mic. There's no telling what not feeding could do to him. I can't travel with them, shit its not possible. You can't tell him ok? He's gotta be able to be normal. Its the least I can do for him. Shit he's saved my life twice. maybe more who knows, but if its what he needs what kind of woman would I be to expect him to NOT be what he was meant to be?" She glanced up at her friend. "What kinda human would I be?"
Mic nodded "Its ok I won't tell him" she said silently.
Everything about him answers something inside of me, but Mic? if there were a way to break the bond and free him? Id do it in a heartbeat, Id give him his freedom at any cost. If he's not bound, he could do whatever he wanted with no consequences. He'd be happy, He'd find another. You can't tell me that my DNA is the only match to his. In billions of people in the world that’s insane."
"Well I don’t know about that, it seems pretty concrete how this is set and chosen, so I guess there really is no other" Mic sighed and stood up, Gia's issues seemed so much more dire than her own and she still couldn’t make head nor tails or what was going on inside of her. She had the easy way to be bonded it seemed.
"Listen Gia, I need to get some air, but I will be back soon" she smiled sympathetically at her as she slipped out the door to take in the cool morning air.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Chapter 42
Posted by Tre at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment