Friday, November 21, 2008

Chapter 33

Richie stood back as her accusations flew at him. "Um excuse me honey, YOU were the one that told me to go and get laid and experiment and shit, so don't use that as a damn excuse for this, what the fuck was I expected to do?" he yelled as his fist went careering through the wall beside him.

She shook her head, " I didn’t have to tell you anything Richie, I have no rights to tell you to not go out and screw who you want. It was a one night stand, HOW the hell was I Supposed to know what it all meant. Its not like I've known many Upier before." She turned and slipped past him, intending to leave.

Jon opened the door and stepped through his blue eyes intent on the door leading to the kitchen. "Wonder what their fighting about?"

Gia sighed, "Besides, YOU have no right to tell me I can't do to MY body what i wanna do. I didn’t expect anything of you, I didn’t ask for this and NEITHER did you. YOU would have survived just fine." She took a step into the hall and nodded at Jon. "YOU deal with him I'm so outta here."

Mic sighed "I don’t know babe but it doesn’t sound too good" she said taking Jon's hand and leading him into the fire.

Richie whipped to the door in a light second blocking her way out. "I never DID tell you to do anything with your body, but a bit of common sense may of prevailed ya know, how did it benefit you starving yourself and grinding yourself into the ground? How do you know I woulda survived DO you know this for sure? I felt things too you know but I chose to ignore it, but I never knew that you would be like you are?" Richie turned to see Mic and Jon walk in and rolled his eyes.

A soft snort left her lips. "IF YOU could fucking ignore it then that’s ok... but if I ignore things its not?? GIMME a break here. YOU can't say what’s good for you isn’t good for me. That's insane! and LEMME go, I’m a grown woman if I wanna leave I'll dammit leave."

His anger boiling deep inside of him, he grabbed her by the neck and held her firmly against the wall. "I wasn't dying WAS I? I dunno why, but you were DYING Gia, and whether you think you were protecting me, it was the wrong damn thing to fuckin do" his voice snarled and his fangs bore as a growl let rip from his throat just inches from her face.

Mic watched in horror, from where she was standing Richie was going to hurt her, she ran and tried to grab his arm but he pushed her away with a force she flew across the room.

Jon frowned. "HEY keep your mad off Mic!" He strode up to Richie and with one simple swipe of his finger concentrated all the calming flow Mic had given him into Richie. Pulling away he moved quickly to his girl. "You ok baby?"

Gia reached up and flicked Richie’s nose, "My my grandpa what big TEETH you have. Now lemme go. I chose what I chose, DEAL with it."

Richie stared into blue eyes "Fuck off Kidd, this is between me and her" he growled. "What part of this aren’t you fuckin getting you could of died, and what about me? Are YOU sure I wouldn’t of?" he stared back into furious green eyes.

She wrapped her hands around his wrist and hung there her eyes sparking emerald flame. "What part of me dying wouldn’t hurt you aren’t you getting?? IF it would have hurt you Mic would have told me. Dammit I chose what i thought was best. YOU need your freedom!! you don't need to be saddled with me."

Mic stood this time concealed behind Jon a little. "Um, well Gia honey, I didn’t get a chance to tell you. Today, I found some more research about at this, and both life mates would die after prolonged separation..." she quickly said before hiding firmly behind Jon's back.

"He looked fine to me when he showed up last night Mic. Your info is wrong." Turning her gaze back to Richie she nearly growled, "Let me down dammit."

Richie looked back at the petite blond and back at Gia. "Well seems that’s a little incorrect isn’t it?" he snarled, he released his grip from her and let out a loud growl and punched in the wall beside her.

Mic shook her head "They can last alot longer than us Gia, alot longer..."

"He would have lasted forever Mic. There's no proof they can't have more than one life mate. He's too young got too much to deal with to have to deal with me. TELL Me you found proof he would only have ONE life mate. I DARE YA!"

Clinging further to Jon's waist she stood and faced them "They only have one, that's it. I have the proof, you wanna read it go ahead, you wanna be ignorant instead? Then do that as well"

Gia's eyes widened, "YOU KNEW THIS???" She turned to Richie, her eyes tormented, "YOU Were ok. YOU WERE, I wouldn't have let you get hurt. YOU don’t need this, with all you have to deal with, you don’t NEED this so young." She whirled and ran for the door like the hounds of hell were nipping at her heels. "You could ignore it, it was OK!"

Richie bolted after her and grabbed her with a firm hand."Don't run from me, there is no point, we are what we are Gia, and nothing will change it, I wasn’t ok as I said before, I felt it, it niggled at me, always in the back of my chest, always in my brain but I pushed it aside, until it became harder to push aside and ignore, don’t you see if I had left it any longer...." his brown eyes tried to plead with her.

"I didn't know, I didn't know those dreams would lead you into a trap. I'm so sorry." she took a deep breath and tried to steady her nerves. "I can only imagine how badly you hate all this."

He steadied his gaze on her. "Gia it wasn’t a trap, it isn’t so bad, ONCE I know the rules, that's the hardest thing about all this, we don’t know it all, whatever you were taught is wrong, I mean are there other people like us? Its all just fucked" he exclaimed as he walked away from her back into the living room.

"Fucked doesn't even begin to cover it." She leaned back against the front door and slid to the floor. "ID hate me if i were you."

He turned and bent down to her level. "How could I hate ya darlin, none of this is your fault, it was always going to happen it seems" he brushed her cheek with his hand.

"You're too special to be hurt, I woulda never hurt you." She sighed softly, "Unique, there's not so many of you around, there's millions of girls like me. If I had of died, it wasn't such a big deal, as long as you survived."

"I beg to differ there" he said softly

She looked up into his now gentle eyes. "We need to know more about what we are, but I have no idea where to find out." She shook her head, her humor surfacing briefly, "But damn I never knew they were so big. Do you have to do everything so big?"

He laughed "Well you know everything about me is big"

She tilted her head slightly, "You've learned to make them come out when you want them too?"

He laughed "Yeah it appears so... when I wanna bite, when I am angry, it's getting better but I still have the odd slip" he admitted.

"I wanna see." She watched him quietly, wondering if he'd actually do it.

He raised his eyebrow and on demand his fangs grew slowly once again, his grin lighting his face as he did it by pure thought.

She reached up and ran a finger over his lips and over his teeth pricking her finger lightly on the razor sharp teeth. "Makes you wonder why it don't hurt when you use them."

0 comments: