She grasped onto his simple explanation as if it were a life line. "Yeah just missed you is all."
Richie thought quietly to himself for a minute "And what would have happened if I hadn’t returned?" he asked
She turned towards the cabinet and pulled the plates out as her eyes closed and a wince crossed her face. She prayed the magic had ended, new magic sometimes was a bit faulty. Opening her mouth she framed a totally innocent reply, *oh nothing I woulda just hurt*, and cringed inwardly when the actual words came out, "I would have died."
Richie looked down at the floor his veins starting to pulse in a dull rage.
"You would of what? you would of just let yourself die over something stupid as this? Gia!!" he shouted as he swept the glass off the counter that sent it hurtling across the room and smashed into a thousand pieces.
The sudden crashing of glass startled her as she took in his quickly rising rage. "If it meant you'd be free to do as you needed." Emerald eyes sought brown as she tried to smile. "I mean, hell its not like we KNEW each other. We met once, we had sex, how could I expect you to want...."
"What do you think I am? some sort of man that would let someone die on my behalf? is that what you really think of me. all the times we've.... god!" he let loose and let the frying pan skittle across the counter and fly into the sink with a crash.
She reeled back as his words slapped at her conscious. "NO Dammit," she moved up to face him, chest to chest her eyes on his. "We were strangers, hell you learned something drastically life altering. Dammit, I had very little knowledge of any of it really. I Made the best fucking choice I COULD for YOU and your life. So quit throwing my fucking pots and dishes or you're replacing the broke shit."
Richie didn’t know why his anger was boiling so deep but it was, and threatened to rise to the surface. He eyed her back just as serious. "I will throw anything I want, until you understand that YOU SHOULD OF TOLD ME, don’t you think I felt things too, did you ever think of that? I felt weak, I felt ill too ya know" he spat.
Her hands crossed her chest as she wrapped them around herself, her own anger starting to blaze. Handing him a plate she grinned. "Throw this big boy. and FUCK yeah.. Like I coulda contacted the rock star?? WHO DIDNT give me a way to contact him? GOD what do you think I am psychic?"
Richie snatched the plate from her, she was right in the instance that he never gave her the number, yes he was at fault there. He could of followed his instincts but he didn’t either, fuck it all he was just as at fault as her. With a loud primal roar he threw the plate hurtling across the room, his voice echoed on the walls.
"yeah you so wanted to come find me right? Night after night as I began to die a little each day, the pain growing to the point I couldn't see, well what were YOU doing sport? Off learning how to be what your meant to be, sucking and fucking whichever groupie spread the legs right?" She whirled to leave the room. "So roar at me honey.Roar loud."
Mic sat on the bed and sipped her coffee as she started to hear the smashes from the kitchen and the shouts and Richie's growl, she couldn’t just leave them out there to kill each other, she shook Jon hard. "You gotta wake up babe we need to get out there" she urgently whispered. There was no way she was going out there alone.
He rolled over his eyes cracking open to the sound of one pissed off friend. "Shit." he slid from the bed and quickly pulled on his jeans. "Let's go."
Friday, November 21, 2008
Chapter 32
Posted by Tre at 11:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment