Friday, November 21, 2008

Chapter 31

Richie sighed, he knew he wouldn’t win or get her to really tell him, so he'd have to ask Mic at some stage for some hints on what happened to a life mate of his if left alone for a long time. "Well I appreciate your understanding, I do darlin and I couldn’t have asked for a more understanding life mate, and I don’t wanna argue, I don’t" he said as he ran a finger down her cheek.

Her tongue flashed along his finger before she bit down gently. "Good. Now lets go find us some breakfast. Something easy." She knew if she ate too hardy, or anything more than a scrambled egg she'd probably lose it, it had been awhile she'd eat that much as well, but she had to keep her strength up. "Unless you know how to cook."

"I do know how to cook actually" his eyebrows wiggled. He watched her battle the queasy thoughts in her mind. As they walked into the kitchen Richie asked her "So how long is it since you have eaten properly?"

She busied herself in the fridge pulling out milk, eggs and breakfast fixing. "hmmm, ate something yesterday i think. Why? Lord Richie I'm a big girl, I know how to eat." She flashed him a grin, "Sausage or bacon?"

"Both darlin, we're gonna have a fry up to end all fry ups" he grinned wickedly.

She pulled both from the fridge and handed both too him. "well get to cooking then." She moved over to set the table and get away from the smell of the meat. " So you bowl and cook. what else is Richie good at?" She kept her smile in place and tried keeping the topic general.

"Alot of things, but I still wanna know what's going on Gia, you're still not being honest with me" he said. They didn’t get anytime to go any further as the bedroom door crept open. Richie looked up at the disheveled blond woman that was creeping out the door, Richie snorted as her hair was almost on end.

"Good morning" Mic said as she padded to the kitchen half asleep, her mind still heavily sated.

Gia flicked a glance at Mic and started to laugh. "Stuck your fingers in a light socket girl?" She winked and turned back to ok at Richie. "I've told ya everything Richie, and if I haven't its not important enough to know." She reached over for a cup and poured Mic a cup of coffee. "I think ya need this sugar."

Mic laughed "More like I was the socket" she chuckled taking the coffee.

Gia shook her head, "I so do not wanna know." She poured a second cup of coffee and slid it to Richie. "You take yours black right?"

"Yea I do, Mic so does Jon, if he's still alive, thank darlin" he said taking it from Gia.

"Well he's dead to the world, I sapped him dry maybe" she looked at the monstrous breakfast Richie was cooking.

"Shit about time Gia you gonna eat finally?" she asked

Richie's eyes widened "Oh and do tell this little pearl"

Gia glanced up at Mic, a totally innocent look on her face. "Duh of course I'm gonna eat Mic. Humans need food to survive ya know." She poured herself a cup of coffee and added a liberal amount of cream and sugar and prayed the caffeine would stay down. "I mean you'd have to be an idiot to starve yourself."

"Well you certainly haven’t been eating over the last few weeks especially that’s why I asked." Mic looked at the coffee. "Yeah I will take one for Superman I think," she said pouring another coffee.
Richie raised a questionable eyebrow "And what else Mic? Gia wont tell me anything about the time apart, claiming she was fine"

Gia straightened, "I WAS Fine Richie." She glanced at Mic daring her to say different. "I told you, there’s nothing for you to worry about."

Mic rolled her eyes and picked up the two cups of coffee."I wish you'd tell Richie the damn truth" Mic said without realizing the implications of what she said.

Gia frowned at the words falling from Mic's mouth. "you wish what?" Her eyes closed and she started to pray, oh god not wish magic, please god in heaven do not have let her gotten wish magic."

Mic winced "I didn’t mean to do that, shit sorry, I think I may have wish magic, and sometimes it just comes out"

Gia closed her eyes. Fuck damn and she'd wished her to tell the truth. "Well isn't that great Mic? I told ya, you'd get your talent one day." She smiled, and tried to keep it from looking sick as she started edging towards the door. "I better call and see if I’m needed at work."

Richie flew to the door quicker than she could get there "Uh now we need to have a talk, you are going to tell me the truth aren’t you" his stern voice rising. Mic quickly skittered back to the bedroom not wanting to be around one potentially pissed vampire.

She bit her lip hard and looked up into his eyes. "Truth about?"

"About what you were like when I wasn't here, you have to tell me now it seems" Silently thanking Mic.

"I went to work and came home. I went to sleep. I got up and went to work again." Her mind raced ahead of each word, trying to be truthful yet not reveal anything potentially worrying. "It wasn't easy but I managed."

"Did you eat much?" he asked

Her mind skipped over possible answers. "Umm, no, but then I never really did."

"Uh huh, and were you in pain?" Richie asked

She glanced at the wall, the floor the door and weighed her options. "Well sorta, but it wasn't that bad, nothing to write home about or anything.

He raised his eyebrow "And in the last three weeks, what would you rate the pain from one to ten, ten being the highest?"

She winced and curled her fingers into fists. She didn't want to answer, dammit she didn’t want to tell him a thing, but the words came out unbidden, spurred by a simple sentence crafted in wish magic. "oh about an eleven."

He shook his head "And what effects did this have on you physically?"

She stood there fighting the magic, trying to not talk and groaning as her mouth opened and began ticking off the answer. "Chest pain, constant, couldn’t breathe, damn near couldn't see, everything i ate came back up, Vision was fucked, but really just the no energy no .. just sat still when I wasn't at work, well stayed in bed, moving was too much of an effort. Hurt to brush my hair, hurt to blink. It just hurt ok?"

Richie slammed his hand down on the counter "Well why didn’t you tell me?" he demanded, his eyes growing darker with rage. Why had she been so stubborn to not tell him, she went through all this and didn't think to tell him so he could have done something to make it better.


"You were busy, You have your own life, You can't take time to solve my problems." She backed up a step and tried to make it sound better. "Maybe it was the flu, or some virus. maybe.." She winced as a slight shaft of pain hit, Ok you couldn't buck wish magic. "I didn't want you to worry."

"It wasn’t though was it, your body and being was in serious mourning from not being with me wasn’t it?" he asked as he studied her.

0 comments: