The people were jamming out. Jon grinned as the wind blew his thin floor length coat away from his body. The girls screamed and clapped as they went from She Don't Know Me into Runaway. God the music was just on fire today. He grinned over at Richie who was blasting out another excellent solo. God he almost looked high, and when he gave a toothy grin he could have almost sworn his teeth were longer.
Richie's hands danced over the frets of the guitar as the music and the roar of the crowd took him away, the high, the energy, Richie always found himself losing control into the sweet braces of melodic trance, his being in almost a state of ecstasy, his mouth watering, god damn the small ache in his teeth were back, but Richie kept playing, opening his eyes finally surveying the crowd with a wide grin and wink as always, he centered on a blond vixen with sharp green eyes that tore through his soul, almost losing his place in his solo he stumbled but regained searching for her, but she'd gone? The eyes looked oh so familiar, like, shit, like the fuckin' dream he had. What the hell was going on, he sneaked a look at Alec, and wondered if he was slipping drugs into his drinks or something.
Jon danced over the stage as he belted out the song, his eyes constantly checking his lead guitarist out. Fuck if Richie wasn't in some strange Zone today. It was almost like he was feeding off the energy of the crowd. When he fumbled on the solo Jon's brow arched a moment before he schooled his face back into rock star perfection. Something was off, he wasn't sure what, but he was gonna find out.
~~~~
Gia smiled as the customer finally walked away satisfied. Glancing around she noticed the store had quieted some, which meant she could grab a small break. Moving over to the tv that was forever more blasting the new MTv, her attention stalled on the video playing.
Stumbling back she braced herself against the racks of records as that eerie sensation from earlier that morning swept through her again. Closing her eyes a moment she opened them to find herself standing in a crowd of cheering people. They were cheering a band that was singing the same song she'd just seen in the video, and on the stage was a tall dark haired man. Gasping she closed her eyes only to find herself back in the record store, her heart racing out of her chest.
Mic rushed into the record store as a wind whipped down the street and rock music filled her ears as she entered the store, she looked up at the tv and saw the new band everyone seemed to be talking about, her attention on the long blond haired singer who was swooning the crowd in his tight pants and bare chest. "Please, gimme a bre" she went to turn around to Gia and noticed she was holding onto the counter with her eyes shut. "Holy crap Gia, what's going on?" she asked
She gasped and opened dazed green eyes. "I just went to fucking Reno. I mean, I never left HERE but I WAS there. God Mic, this is unreal. HE was there, he was."
"Reno? What the hell? who was there? Blondie?" she asked pointing to the screen.
Gia whimpered, "He was there on stage, he was so vital so, I dunno Mic, something called to me. I would SWEAR he saw me there, but he couldn't have seen me, I wasn't really THERE!"
Mic looked back to the screen and then remembered "You know, these guys are here in a few days, I wonder if we should tempt fate and go and see them, there has to be something, maybe he has a message for you, although" she looked back at the screen. "It would mean I'd have to watch him but their music’s kinda funky"
Gia straightened and shook her head, "Its Metal silly, hard rock, although this band sorta defies that too." She looked up at her friend and nodded. "Let's get tickets. Who knows why I'm experiencing this, but I damn sure want to find out why."
"Yep, why not, there has to be something, gawd even I am getting a weird vibe from them, and that’s not like me, I ain’t special" she teased.
"Awww Mic, yes you are. You have your talents even if you haven’t found them yet." She turned and moved over to the cash register and locked up. "Well come on, lets go have lunch and buy some tickets."
"Sounds good to me" Mic left in thought they had always told her that one day she may develop her inner power, just like Gia had a long time ago, as it happened in various times of your life dependant on what you became, eh maybe she was just normal, she could handle it if she was, especially if it meant no weird dreams like Gia.
She sauntered out of the store with her friend and flipped the Be back in an hour sign before locking the door. "I just hope the tickets aren't too expensive."
The girls chatted as they walked down the street towards the small burger joint on the corner. "Well Mic, you call the Arena for ticket prices while I order ok?"
Mic popped a quarter into the pay-phone and dialed the number, ordering two tickets she was pleasantly surprised to find they had snagged the last two front row tickets as some people had cancelled, the price was a little more than they expected but she just had a feeling that it was meant to be this way.As she turned to Gia she muttered, "Well that was odd"
She picked up the tray with their food and moved to her friend. "What's so odd Mic?"
"Well I got the tickets but they said at the last minute someone had just canceled the last two front row tickets, so they are ours, as its damn near sold out apparently" she said stealing a French fry off the tray as they sat down.
"Do you even know their names? The blonde one creeps me out for some reason" she chuckled.
Gia winced, "Front row huh? How much did you set us back Mic? " She shook her head, "YOU bought the tickets and you don't know the group name?" She started to giggle. "They're called Bon Jovi."
"Hey smartass, I know their name I meant the guys names silly, and they were $60 for the pair" she said rolling her eyes as she bit her burger. "God there were be all those screaming woman won’t there?"
Gia nibbled her burger, "Well rock stars usually come with assorted screaming girls and groupies." She closed her eyes moment as the illusion of deep dark brown eyes filled her mind. Her voice went wobbly as she tried to shake off that eerie feeling. "Have no idea what their names are Mic."
"Well I am sure if I show them my tits maybe we can get backstage passes" she battered her eyelashes "Over here blond chesty guy, oh wow you're so big, and strong, please pick me, pleeeeeaseee" she mimicked before giggling.
Gia rolled her eyes and nearly choked on her diet Pepsi. "Oh yeah and while you're doing that, I'll do a mock strip tease or something, bound to get their attention." She stopped a moment as her thoughts rambled, "But why would we wanna get the attention of guys who probably have a girl in every town?"
Mic raised her eyebrow "Yeah I know, they no doubt have them lining up to hold onto that mane each night" her eyes widened at her slip up "I mean, yeah who would wanna?"
Gia stood and took their tray and emptied it. "Not me, Gaje* are bad news, or so I've always been taught, but hell," a sly grin graced her lips, "boy's in tight pants are totally in my realm of interest Gaje or not."
*Gaje = any person who is NON Romany
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Chapter 2
Posted by Tre at 11:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment